Last Updated: February 28, 2012
1. Information Collected Through Our Services
We gather two (2) basic types of information through the Services: personally identifiable information that identifies a person as an individual ("Personal Information") and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person's specific identity ("Non-Personal Information").
- Personal Information. You do not have to provide Personal Information to use the Site. However, you may need to provide certain Personal Information to use some of our other Services. For example, when you sign up with Relive, you establish an account for organizing and sharing your digital images, as well as for using our other services. In order to establish your Relive account, we will need your name, email address and password, or your permission to access your Facebook or Google account. Additionally, when you order prints, products or other paid products or services, we will need the shipping address, billing name and address, as well as the credit card number and expiration date. Further, if you wish to send email invitations to friends or family to allow them view your pictures or participate in our Share Service (as defined in Section 2(a)(viii) below, you may enter their email addresses using our Share Service. Your Relive account also includes an address book, which you can use to store such email addresses.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect?
- Personal Information. We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which such Personal Information was provided (e.g., to fulfill your purchase or other transaction).
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, we may send you service announcement updates with important information about Relive. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account, so members may not unsubscribe from service announcements.
- Other Communications. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products and promotions
- Testimonials. Testimonials are used to show benefits to certain programs Relive offers. We always seek consent prior to posting any testimonial in which Personal Information is included.
- Customer Service. Any Personal Information obtained through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as chat or emails may be recorded to help us provide better service.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Friends and Family.
Relive's Share Service. Sharing your pictures electronically through Relive's share service is one of the key benefits we offer. This service allows you to send an email invitation to your selected recipients, to allow them to view, save, or purchase products from your pictures. This service may allow you to share your pictures directly with friends and family including picture metadata. This invitation email would contain a web link created specifically for your pictures. The email also may include information about special promotional offers from Relive.
Address Book. Your Relive account may also contain an address book where you can store mailing and email addresses for your friends and family. You can use this information to quickly and easily share your pictures and send products from your account.
Tell a Friend Program. If you use our "Tell a Friend" program to refer Relive to your friends, we will use their email addresses to send your invitation.
- Combining Information. At times, we may combine Personal Information collected from our Services and other information you shared with us to customize our service to you and improve your experience. For example, we may recommend products or offers you may be interested in based on what you have liked in the past, or remind you that you have an "active" shopping cart waiting for you. Additionally, in order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submitted to us with information from third party sources. For example, we use the US Postal Service's national change of address database in order to verify customer mailing addresses.
- Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
- Third Party Service Providers. We share Personal Information with carefully screened third-party service providers (e.g., credit card authorization companies, merchandise distributors and shippers) to provide you with the products, services and information you have requested. We have instructed these service providers not to store, retain or access your Personal Information except to provide our services to you.
- Third Party Products and Services. We also may share Personal Information with third parties to allow such third parties to provide you with the products, services and information that you have requested. This could include, but is not limited to packages of discounts, rebates, and promotional offers, that are not Relive products, services or information. Such third parties from whom you have requested products, services and information will handle, store, retain, use, share and access Personal Information in accordance with the terms and conditions of their agreement(s) with you, as well as their own privacy policies, and may use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. It is your responsibility to carefully review such terms and conditions and privacy policies, and Relive disclaims any and all liability relating thereto.
- Forums. Through the Services, we may make available forums to which you are able to post information and materials. These forums may include, for example, user comment functionality, an online image share feature, our public gallery, user forums and blogs. Please note that any information you disclose through such services becomes public information, and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. In addition, when you choose to make a posting on such services, certain Personal Information (for example, a user's name will appear next to a blog post or a user comment) will be available for other users to view. We urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose Personal Information, or any other information, through the Services. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SERVICES.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose Personal Information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we don't share your information: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Relive, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
4. Protecting Your Pictures and Metadata
In order to provide quality products, our employees and third-party service providers fulfilling your order or providing Customer Support to you may see your pictures.
A user may choose to make available his or her pictures, associated metadata, or other personally-identifying information, to other users of the Relive services, and in such case, Relive may share such information as authorized by the user through the Relive services.
A user may also choose to make available such information by explicitly making the information public, allowing others to join their inner circle or publishing it to third party services such as Facebook or Twitter. In such case, Relive may so share the information, and the subsequent use of such information will be subject to the terms of such third party services, as applicable.
5. Updating Your Personal Information
We will make an effort to keep all your Personal Information up to date when you provide it to us. You can update your account information and change your password at any time. You will find this at 'My Account' on the Relive home page. If you have forgotten your password, you can set a new one by contacting our Customer Support team. If any of your Personal Information changes, or you identify a mistake in our records, please use the account profile page on the Site, or contact us using the link in Section 11 ("Contact Us") and we will update your data.
Relive seeks to have reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect Personal Information about you, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Services or that is stored by us. You acknowledge and agree that any information you transmit through the Services or upload for storage in connection with the Services is so transmitted or stored at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section 11 ("Contact Us") below (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
8. Protecting the Privacy of Children
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and are not directed at such children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Please do not register at Relive if you are under the age of 13.
9. Third Party Sites
10. Changes and Notification
11. Contact Us
Please contact us to communicate any questions or concerns.
12. Jurisdictional Issues
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part of the Services, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Services' availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.